About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Friday, December 7, 2007

Just Thinking...

MOOD: Reflective

This morning before I went to work, I was looking at different albums to upload into my sisters mp3 player (yea my Ipod dies months ago and I have yet to replace it...sad..) Anyhow, I was looking at old albums that I had not listened to in a long time. I came across this one particular album by Common (I LOVE Common ok maybe not love, I really enjoy the artistry and lyricism), but there was one particular album that I could or probably should say wasn't my favorite, ELECTRIC CIRCUS. Now I have no idea why i decided to listen to that particular album, but I did. As I listened, the album wasn't as bad as I initially thought, and when I looked beyond the melody, instruments and percussion, I heard the song, i mean I REALLY heard the song. He was spittin' some real ish. I guess thats what happens when you look past the surface, why don't we ever do that?


Random Thoughts:

Maybe I have been to hasty in my previous decision. It like when I listen to a music album, I only listen to the first few seconds and decided if I like the song and thus is my existence. Too hastily rushing to judgment, using the surface to define the depth of a person when, I haven’t listened to the end of the song. I might have missed the bridge or missed the chorus or the climax, missing the thing that makes them tick and defines their inner being. Reflecting on years past, I pick the album back up and find that there was something for me lost in the words and the melody more than halfway through the song but I didn’t wait, I couldn’t wait. And I sit back like man, maybe I was too rash to judgment. I didn’t give it a chance and killed it before it began and now I sit in regret trying to forget my stupidity associated with the past and what was before. A complicated melody, I couldn’t hear him over the music. I was just looking for a beat, but there was no drum, no bass, nothing that moved my soul at that point, so I left it and now I regret it, because I didn’t give it a chance, I didn’t give us a chance. Now all I have is a tune, because that was all I was looking for no words, nothing to move. Just a tune no depth it just repeats itself and tells me that I am doomed to repeat the past, but I try to look past what was blatantly obvious but refused to accept. I was a surface dweller and I couldn’t see you for you, so I moved you to the side and deflected my insecurities on to you making you the problem, not just one problem, but two. Cause it wasn’t just you it was me too. I wonder if you’ll ever pick of the soundtrack of our life, so hastily discarded and listen again, and forgive…..

No comments: