About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Friday, December 28, 2007

A New Year = A New Me

A Friend of mine posted this quote:

“This is a time for reflection as well as celebration. As you look back on the past year and all that had taken place on your life, remember each experience for the good that has come of it and for the knowledge you have gained. Remember the efforts you have made and the goals you have reached. Remember the love you have shared and the happiness you have brought. Remember the laughter the joy, the hard work, and the tears. And as you reflect on the past year, also be thinking of the new to come. Because most importantly, this is a time of new beginnings and the celebration of life.”

~Taylor Addison 1989

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We make resolutions every year and every year we break them around week two (or maybe this is just me..lol). This year has been a very difficult for me; death after death, calamity after calamity. My faith wavered and still teeters from time to time, but I always come back, re-center myself and try to start with a fresh outlook. The outlook for the past year has been fresh, but not always bright. I have grown as a person, spiritually and emotionally. I have learned how to deal with certain situations and thus in the same respect learned how not to deal with others. Like many of life’s journeys it has been a year of lessons learned. I’ve fallen and been bruised and still have managed to get back up. I have stepped outside of my box and met new people and have seen people that I have known in a better light. I have learned to be less judgmental and more sympathetic. I have learned not to wear my emotions on my sleeve. I have learned to let go even when it is the most difficult thing for me to do. I have learned not to dwell on things of the past (although from time to time I slipped). I have learned to be slow to anger (what might have been the most difficult task for me). I have learned that I can’t be all things to all people. I by nature am a people pleaser; I like people to be happy even if it is to my own detriment. I have learned that all that I give of myself to others, I deserve that same courtesy back 40 fold and then some. Most of all I have learned to love, even when it hurts, love, even when the person on the receiving end refuses it, love. Love God, love myself, love my family, love my friends, and love those that wish me harm. It has been a looooong year. And I can’t say that I am sad to see it go, because I am not. I didn’t go to the mountain top this year, but I stood on a small hill, planting my mustard seed of faith, even when the enemy sought to steal my joy. I’m still living, breathing, and loving and that is a blessing from the most high God. So as I walk forward not looking back I pray that all that has happened has not been in vain. I am claiming victory for 2008, because I serve a God that never fails me.

To those that I have wronged
For those whose friendship I refused
For those that I was guilty of loving not enough
For those I was guilty of loving too much
It’s a new year and time to start fresh, after all its all about new beginnings…

Happy New Year!!!
May the Lord continue to bless you in your coming and your going

No comments: