About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Militant Me...

I'm Not Yo Ni**a

I’m not your ni**a

Ignorance perpetuated by a society that forced itself upon my people

I’m not your ni**a

Your poison seeps into the veins of the once strong and independent

Crippling them into a lesser being, dependent

We jig and jive to the beat of your drum but our rhythm is silenced

Laughing and performing for you with our white face and pink lips

I’m not your ni**a

You want me in black face when it is convenient for you

No jig-a-boos no wanna-bes

Just me

I’m not your ni**a

Stripping you of the power you don’t want me to have

Ni**a is a kryptonite binding my powers

Mentally, physically, emotionally

The green glow cowers over me refusing to loosen its grip

It grabbed the s on my chest and replaced it with an N

My cape was red but now it’s black tattered and worn

I’m tired

And you for years have been my proverbial thorn

In the attempt to weaken that which you cannot conquer

You chained me

Not just in the physical

But mentally

Refusing to allow me to see my ultimate potential

My cerebrum was removed and dissected

In hopes of deterring forward movement

But even with shameless attempts I emerge victorious

One fist in the air and my head bowing

Reaching for the heavens the only way I know how

Fighting.

Fighting for my place in a world the despises me

Reaching for my dreams

Grasping them for dear life

For fear that if I unclench my fist

The dreams that I have would disappear

I’m not yo ni**a

You see I never was

And never will be

I have always been more powerful than you

But you tried to keep me in the dark so I couldn’t see

But I have seen the light

And I stand tall

I’m not yo ni**a

And on only one master I will call.

No comments: