About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Friday, November 9, 2007

Alone with my Thoughts

Its been one of those days.....it doesn't seem like anything is really going right.....


I’m struggling right now

I feel like I am alone

Masks surround me

And when the truth is revealed all I see it empty space

Such an empty place

Alone

I sit in silence looking for what to say

But nothing can be said

There is no use in making a noise because no one will hear it

So I sit

Keeping my thoughts to myself

My mind is cluttered with thoughts of this and that

Nothing easing the pain of what’s to come

The path before me is a rocky one

Alone

Alone I travel constantly watching my back

No one to turn to

This doesn’t sound so poetic

But it is the rambling of an unfulfilled soul

Searching for something anything with meaning

Wanting to mean something to someone

Wanting someone to mean something to her

Alone

Alone

Alone

Longing for the touch of the person that loves me

Embracing me with that same emotion

The one that I can’t resist

I want to fall

Fall

Fall

Fall in love with him

And he with me

Forging more than a friendship

But a relationship lasting an eternity

But I am struggling right now

The grass is not always greener

But my grass is brown

Dead to feeling and the thought of hope

I try to water it and revive it but its dead

And I am Alone

Envious of what they have and what I don’t

Constantly measuring myself against an impossible ruler

It seems like every time I might get close it gets that much bigger

And I that much smaller

Almost invisible

Unimportant, but no one sees

Because the mask that they wear I have one too

Only my is emotionally impenetrable

I smile

I laugh

I joke

But on the inside I cry and my face wears a frown

My soul and spirit is heavy

And I find it difficult to pick it up and prevent the scrapping of the rough ground

I'm scarred and scared

I don't know what tomorrow holds

but what ever it is will i still be alone?

No comments: