About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Debunking my inner HOMEGIRL

I know some of you are going to look at this post like what in the world is that suppose to mean. Some people might even initially take it as a 'possible' insult, but hold on a moment, i will clarify shortly.

So I am taking this opportunity to step outside of my box. I have been accused of being "The Homegirl". I must admit I am not your typical female, I think a little differently, I act a little differently, at times I dress a little differently. When I am out and DJ Screw's "3 in the Mornin'" comes on I'll admit I go into a trance and recite all of the lyrics, bobbing to the beat throwing my hands in the air like I just don't care, I can't help it, that's just me. But does that make me any less feminine? Does it make me any less sophisticated? I'm not sure....but apparently it does make me more of a HOMEGIRL.

As we all know the idea of relationship or anything associated with a relationship is difficult and complicatedly convoluted. There is no such thing as the perfect man or woman. Our ideal is always flawed seeking a level of perfection that can never be obtained.

My friends primarily Chrystal would describe me as insatiable, nothing is ever good enough or it could always be better. Often times I can be found at dinner complaining that I am always a friend to most of my male acquaintances and nothing more. Chrystal made an attempt to target why, especially since in 2008 I am making a few changes in this game of life. She agreed, the pit fall of the friendship zone is just that, you get stuck in the friendship zone. She urged me to change my approach to the opposite sex. I'll give it an honest go, but I make no promises.

We'll see how this works out...Stay tuned.

No comments: