About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Food For Thought..

MOOD:-----

I said I was going to post on here more frequently.....why to go me...ha ha ha

Sunday Sept 23, 2007

It was a good day. I woke up, the allergies that so often attack me took hold of my sinuses and went to work...that was so pleasant...
We went to church. The church we went to was quaint. Few members so instruments, but still soulful and spirit-filled, what more can you ask for right? The Pastor preached on the passage 1 Corinthians 9:16-24. It was kind of embarrassing, i wanted to take notes but I didn't have any paper. I wrote on an old receipt. The Pastor said that when we do things we do things to win. Why do things to lose? It doesn't make any sense. "Run to Win the Prize". It was so simple yet so profound. We can't just go through the motions. When we want something, because we are children of God we must seek it and not take no for an answer.

I guess that is what I had been doing. I was ok with going through the motions and not grabbing a hold of my destiny. I asked for too little out of life. As a child of the most high I had the divine right to ask for all that my heart desired and more. And why shouldn't I be afforded that right. after all do you know who my father is?

Times have been hard, and she has remained faithful, why shouldn't I? Why shouldn't I believe that this destitute fate that had befallen us would only be temporary. Because I had been selfish, thinking of me and not of them. I of all people had been selfish. Not thinking of what she might be going through or what she would have to face. I cried. I was sad. I was reverted to the mentality of a child, because to me "this was not fair". But this is just a trial of faith. Will we win? YES we will stand victorious because that is his will and we are running this race to win. Defeat will not over shadow the undoubted glory of victory, because we deserve it. In JESUS's mighty name.

The God that we serve will NEVER fail us.

I took my little sister to youth group for the first time. I feel bad because, its almost like she is an only child. I want to be there all the time but, sometimes she just works my very last nerve. I have to remember that she is in fact a kid. LOL I have to KEEP telling myself that. So I dropped her off...hopefully it would go well.

I text JP to see if he wanted to meet up and just hang. I know he had been going through somethings, so I thought I could be there for him as a friend. He didn't text back. So much for that.

So from there I took myself to the bookstore. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, just looking around. I made my way back to the African-American Literature sections. I kind of chuckled to myself. For so many years we have fought and struggled with the idea of equality and the right to be treated as such equals, I can't help be interested in what people thought about this "African-American" section of the book store. I could definitely see this going in two very different directions but all with the same end result, anger and or agitation...lol The section was a self-proclaimed catch 22, either we are sectioned off so that it is easier to find the literature that we were looking for or we searched with the possibility of never finding what we were looking for. It was very interesting to me. Anyhow again reiterating that i was not looking for anything in particular, I browsed the section. I could over hear a lady asking for a book.

"I already read her first book," she told the guy working in the bookstore, "But I heard that she was coming out with a new one."

I continued to listen and browse. I was always pleased when people took an active role in reading. It was comforting. Then out of know where, when clearly the whole time I should have been minding my own business, I realized what book it was that she was inquiring about, the one written my the notorious Super-Head (i don't know her real name...oops). All I could do was shake my head. Who am I to judge right? No one....but come on now when a book that does nothing but expose the indiscretions of athletes, movies stars etc., is on the best sellers list, and books that would , uh I dunno, educate someone are collecting dust there is a problem. But that is me being judgemental, after all I read magazines filled with garbage, is it not the same? Well I went back to minding my own business and found two books that I thought would be stimulating and continued on my merry way.


No comments: