About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Friday, November 14, 2008

Bitter Dose of Reality

My friend Chrystal called me this evening, sounding slightly reserved. Her tone worried me slightly. She said that she had been thinking about me. Now if you know my friend, you know that she doesn't just THINK she analyzes, lol, and I love her for it. She always has my best interests at heart.

She says she had discussed my current "male" sabbatical with one of her co-workers. She wondered why certain men "chose" certain women. Is is because they are more superficial? So caught up in themselves that they forget that there is more to a person than meets the eye? I can't be sure of why this is, but I can say that I am very cognizant of this porous and shallow way of thinking. But then again, maybe I too am superficial. Something to think about.

Men and women often times complain that there are no good men or women left. Maybe they are all right, may there are no good men or women left, because we are all fed up. Just a thought.

But that being said I retreat not necessarily with a flag of defeat but a flag of peace, I don't want to feel like I have to fight certain widely accepted stereotypes. So from now on I am not going too. Hence my sabbatical.

It's true and has been made abundantly clear that nice men and women do finish last...now that's a bitter dose of reality.

No comments: