About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Monday, February 4, 2008

A GIANT Upset of Epic Proportions


Ok so football is something that is definitely new in my world. But I must admit I love sports and Football is winning its way into my heart. So watching Super Bowl XLII ( for those not familiar with roman numerals- Super Bowl 42) I had so many EUREKA moments that I was starting to get dizzy. Coming into the game the favored 18-0 New England Patriots were the talk of the town, the New York Giants, who had survived the regular season and playoffs, were not overly discussed, gave us a modern day battle of David and Goliath.

To me the game was dominated by tenacious defense. And the end score of 14-17 told that story all to well. I remember during the game wondering what was going on with the Patriots offensive line. The Giants continued to blind them with blitz after blitz, hungry to bring down the Patriots offensive golden child. Mission Accomplished. Right when it seems like the Patriots were getting closer the New York Giants, who had nothing to lose became that much more determined to draw blood.

It was the perfect example of the underdog, refusing to let the past be the predictor of the future. They wrote their own ending to what would seem to be an almost impossibly ridiculous story. But the Giants did it, and did it well.

For the Patriots its just seemed like a game of missed opportunity. It just seemed like someone wanted it more. Talk about a GIANT upset of epic proportions...lol

So here is how this is applicable to everyday life: In some way, at one point or another we are the underdog, but is what has happened before going to continue to be the predictor of what is to come? Or will we be the one to determine how our story ends or if you will begins? The Giants wrote and ending that focused on a new beginning and I am taking this lesson with me. No matter how much the other team has on you, whether if be an impressive record, more money, a better job, there is always room for the underdog to seize their moment and seize victory for the future.

Who's says you can't learn anything from football?..

No comments: