About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In Dire Need of "Grand Passion"...

Something has got to change. I have lived here for almost three years and have yet to have one gentleman caller. I feel kind of pathetic. A friend of mine has been here for 6 months and has had more callers than I can count. As much as I enjoy the peace and quiet I despise the peace and quiet that comes with loneliness. And lawd knows I am in dire need of a dose of "grand passion".

So maybe you are asking yourself what is grand passion? Well its hard to explain, but its one of those things that you know when you see it. Its a strong embrace, a passionate kiss, its the way that a man looks at a woman longingly before he encapsulates her in his arms and pulls her near. The way he tilts his head to the side moving his lips toward hers slowly until their lips dance a passionate tango, filled with emotion, wanting, and longing. Now THAT is grand passion. It's when Taye Diggs "hems up" Sanaa Lathan in Brown Sugar on the bookcase in her apartment. Its the moment when Idris Elba kisses ANY of his leading ladies (ugh so obsessed with this guy..lol). Is it so wrong to want that?

I am a ridiculously hopeless romantic. A dreamer. I long for the things that many people long for, companionship, love, and friendship. Its been 5 years since my last kiss, or intimate hug and I am really afraid that such intimacy has been lost in time never to be felt again.

In addition to mentioning that I was a hopeless romantic did I mention that I am a romantic cynic as well?..lol..welcome to the complex duality that is my mind.

Ugh..

Signed,
Missing the smell and touch of the XY

No comments: