About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Death never get easier to deal with...

Today they will lay to rest the body of Bradley Bassey Ekpo Eyo. I didn't know Bradley very well or maybe it is better stated that I hadn't seen or spoken to him in quite a few years. Although it had been sometime since I last saw him, what I do remember about him was his bigger than life personality and the way he made people laugh was truly a gift. The crazy kid that use to run around the Efik events with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.


During the 2010 Christmas holiday I remember seeing facebook posts saying goodbye to Bradley. I remember thinking to myself, "wow, people really cared about this Bradley guy" and wondering to myself who he was. When I saw that I knew the young man myself, my heart was immediately heavy. How could this have happened? I couldn't begin to imagine what his family and close friends were going through, this was truly a great loss.


I attended his wake and was moved to tears by the things his friends and family did to celebrate a life gone too soon. We go to bed each day hoping to see the next, not ever expecting that our time here on earth at any time could expire. I grapple with the thought that the passing of such a young man was the will of God. Slain by "friend" and not foe, his life was TAKEN by a mere man. How could one be so reckless? How could one be so selfish. I sit and wonder if things had gone differently 5 minutes before if he would still be here. He would graduate college, he we get a job, find a wife, and he would learn the life lessons that he was supposed to learn and grow from. But none of that will happen. His life was taken and his body tossed with such disregard. Did the person that took his life not think about his family his friends? Did he not think about the person that he called "friend"? Bradely was 23 when he was killed, on the brink of being a man, but still very much a boy, the eldest of 4, gone in what seems like a blink of an eye.


Bradley, I know I didn't know you very well, which is something that I will eternally regret now that you are gone, but I pray that you are able to look over your family and friends. They painfully mourn your death and tearfully celebrate your life. Your presence, your joy, and spark for life will be missed by many. With your passing there indeed is a void that could never be filled, because there was only ONE Bradley Bassey Ekpo Eyo, never to be replaced. God is purposed in all that he does, and the fact that you have been taken away is painful, but your life will be celebrated and lifted up.


Know that those that knew you very well love you, and those that knew you a lifetime ago will miss you. Rest in peace & reside in love brethren and let your life and your story be one for others to remember for a lifetime.


Signed,

Living in the moment for tomorrow is not promised



Life (Dedicated to life of Bradley Bassey Ekpo Eyo, R.I.P)

Life is short they say

and I must agree

because at 23 he was taken so hastily

never imagining this day would come

family and friends mourn and some

cry to the heaven asking why,

while others hold their face tearfully saying goodbye

Goodbye son, brother, lover, and friend

Goodbye although I can't imagine that this is the end

one chapter closed and a heavenly chapter opened

you were ride or die on earth

now you will just ride in heaven

may your soul find peace

as your body is laid to rest

may your family find ease

even in the midst of your death

another man gone to soon

but we celebrate life

Rest in peace Bradley and know that this is not goodbye...


No comments: