About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's OVER!!

You have no idea, how very excited I am that New Year's has come and gone. It was such a stressful evening. With people canceling, me feeling like things weren't done and worried about if others were going to have a good time I couldn't have a good time myself.

So where do I begin with the New Year's Eve from hell? Well I suppose it really starts prior to the actual event. People with their indecisiveness DAYUM IT!! It was just so frustrating, all of the planning, time, energy and MONEY, that was put into the event and the simplest thing that you ask people to do they can't even do that..it is beyond annoying. I am retiring from the event planning business it is too stressful.

So these are the top 10 things that pissed me off about New Year's Eve:
10. Muddaeffas insist on not following directions i.e. mailing/emailing rsvp ON TIME
09. Incompetent business people. If pay you for a service and ask you to be there at a certain time, why the F are you NOT on time?
08. When you are late, what give you the uninhibited gall to argue with me about your payment.
07. People complaining about things that are beyond my control and then ask for discounts. How about this for a discount - F U?!
06. I couldn't adequately document the evening because of all of the stress.
05. Last minute cancellations. Do you not realize that this cost money, there for if you RSVP and DO NOT SHOW, I have to cover your cost as well?
04. Black people
03. I still had no sig-oth (significant other) for New Year's for the 26th year in a row...lol
02. I broke my muddaeffin beverage fountain *insert expletives*
01. After all of the stress, money spent, EVERYONE had a good time but ME, and I caught the flu...


But I suppose in the end they had a good time an that is all that matters. I mean we did ride a pretty fly party bus, and we did get some like SUPER VIP service, thanks to some of my boys. So all was not a complete loss. I think I will take a super hiatus after these series of events. We'll see how that works out.

As I said after all was said and done, I was kissed by the flu HAPPY NEW YEAR to me. *insert sadface here*. So I had to take 3 count 'em 3 days off of work (for those that know me this is CRUCIAL.) I literally took one for the team. And let me tell you the flu is NO joke, I was feeling pure exhaustion.

Now its back to business as usual. Everyone is back to their regular grind. I guess until summer hits.....It's bitter sweet, its always good to spend time with friends.

Now its time for the next step, so stay tuned, its going to be a one for the record books!!


Happy New Year!!!

No comments: