About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Monday, January 21, 2008

It's Official I have gone soft..

Mood: Wanting....


Believe it or not I have a soft side. Yea I know....Go Figure!!!

A friend of mine is getting married. I can honestly say that I was worried for him for a bit, but God's Favor is AMAZING, he found someone that not only complimented him, but made him into a man. He has grown so much since he has met her and she has the most amazing spirit. I am really REALLY genuinely happy for them.

While looking at their wedding website, I have to admit I got a little misty eyed. Ok really misty eyed. I know I always act like I am disgusted by love, but man....when you see TRUE love, you can't help but want that same feeling for yourself. Its such an amazing emotion, it makes even the darkest of hearts see light.

India said she was ready for Love
and so am I
I have refused the idea of love for so long
now my wall is being chipped away
brick by brick
stone by stone
But I am scared
scare of what that emotion holds
if I let go
let go of the grasp that I have on my own heart
opening my hands to expose the softest part of me
bearing my soul
will it weather the storms that come
when my hands are full
will there be someone there to hold my umbrella
shielding me from harm
fearing the one emotion that might liberate me
i now know why MY caged bird sings
locked away from the emotion of love
it wants to be free to feel
to be to him
what he might be to me
and together
we
walk hand in hand
I am his support and he is mine
Love
Love is a beautiful thing...

I think that I might actually be ready....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sandy, I love your poem, and your honesty. I just posted two books on my blog that may help you in the "meantime." Your time will come, so be ready for it! ~Jarvis