About Me

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
People say it all the time...what you see is what you get, but its not true all the time. I am a complicated melody, and I don't think that people hear my tune all the time. Its pleasing to the ear, but can be interpreted in many ways. Turn the volume up, but not too loud because you might not be able to hear me over the music...

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wishing on a star..

So this evening I went outside and I was star gazing. It is really amazing how something so far away can shine so bright. Even more interesting is the fact what we see from a distance is deceptive and is something we may never have imagined.

It was refreshing. Flickering bits of light, awesome wonder, and shooting stars. As I gazed upon the sky it was a welcomed retreat from my earthly reality. Pictures flashed of the past, the present and the future. Each deep breath was met with lonely silence which is where I find myself more often than not these days.

Tonight was a night of firsts, it was the first time that I witnessed an actual meteor shower, and it was the first time that I think that I really took the time to look up, not because I needed or wanted something, but just because. There is power in our "just because".

My brother and sister joined me after a while and we watched and joked together. These are the times that I cherish most.

No comments: